Welcome to our department’s virtual home. Our department is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology, one of the four faculties of Middlesex University London. The department delivers high quality teaching, research and consultancy across several disciplines including computer science, informatics, networking and telecommunications. We are based in Hendon, North West London and we are always interested in hosting prospective students and their parents, research visitors and seminar speakers.
We are a friendly, interesting group of people with a strong teaching profile and a growing reputation for research. The department has steadily acquired a reputation for its innovative undergraduate teaching and supportive research environment. In REF2014, 56 staff where submitted leading to an excellent REF outcome. In the Computer Science and Informatics unit of submission, Middlesex was placed 13th for power rankings overall across the sector. In the London area alone, the Research Fortnight Power rankings placed Middlesex as the 4th largest department for computing research.
- Highlights: New Journal PublicationNew member of department Dr Luca Piras‘s collaborative work, “Android Source Code Vulnerability Detection: A Systematic Review” was recently accepted for the ACM Computing Surveys journal [2021 IF 14.324, ranked […]
- Outstanding Presentations at RSSC2022Last week saw the Middlesex Research Students’ Summer Conference (RSSC2022) on the theme Knowledge in Action take place online via Zoom, which was an opportunity for our postgraduate research students […]
- PoEM 2022Middlesex University London and the Department of Computer Science will host the IFIP WG 8.1 Working Conference on the Practice of Enterprise Modelling (PoEM) on November 23–25, 2022. Now in […]
- Colloquium: Automated Logic-Based Reasoning for Analyzing Prime Video CodeOctober 12, 2022. Wednesday. 3PM Room: TG23 (Town Hall Building) Speaker: Ilina Stoilkovska Title: Automated Logic-Based Reasoning for Analyzing Prime […]
- Colloquium: Bio-inspired Neural Architecture Search20 June 2022, Monday. 3PM. London Time. Online over Zoom. Title Bio-inspired Neural Architecture Search Speaker Wei Pang, Heriot-Watt University […]
- Colloquium: Fair Division: A Theoretical and a Practical Perspective16 May 2022, Monday. 3PM. London Time. Online over Zoom. Title: Fair Division: A theoretical and a practical perspective Speaker: […]
- Colloquium: Targeted Ads, Data Openness, Digital Power: Reasons to be Cheerful25 April 2022, Monday. 3PM. London Time. Online over Zoom Title: Targeted Ads, Data Openness, Digital Power: Reasons to be Cheerful” […]
- Colloquium: The Complexity of Gradient Descent21 March 2022, Monday. 3PM. London Time. Online over Zoom Title: The Complexity of Gradient Descent Speaker: Rahul Savani, University of Liverpool […]