Welcome to our department’s virtual home. Our department is part of the Faculty of Science and Technology, one of the four faculties of Middlesex University London. The department delivers high quality teaching, research and consultancy across several disciplines including computer science, informatics, networking and telecommunications. We are based in Hendon, North West London and we are always interested in hosting prospective students and their parents, research visitors and seminar speakers.
We are a friendly, interesting group of people with a strong teaching profile and a growing reputation for research. The department has steadily acquired a reputation for its innovative undergraduate teaching and supportive research environment. In REF2014, 56 staff where submitted leading to an excellent REF outcome. In the Computer Science and Informatics unit of submission, Middlesex was placed 13th for power rankings overall across the sector. In the London area alone, the Research Fortnight Power rankings placed Middlesex as the 4th largest department for computing research.
- PoEM 2022Middlesex University London and the Department of Computer Science will host the IFIP WG 8.1 Working Conference on the Practice of Enterprise Modelling (PoEM) on November 23–25, 2022. Now in […]
- Handbook of Smart Cities publishedThe Handbook of Smart Cities, edited by Prof. Juan Carlos Augusto, is now published by the Springer. It is the largest publication in the area so far, and Prof. Juan donated […]
- PC co-chair for Computer Graphics and Visual Computing (CGVC) 2021Dr Kai Xu is the PC co-chair for the 39th Computer Graphics and Visual Computing (CGVC) conference, which just successfully completed in early September. The CGVC conference series is the annual […]
- Colloquium: Bio-inspired Neural Architecture Search20 June 2022, Monday. 3PM. London Time. Online over Zoom. Title Bio-inspired Neural Architecture Search Speaker Wei Pang, Heriot-Watt University […]
- Colloquium: Fair Division: A Theoretical and a Practical Perspective16 May 2022, Monday. 3PM. London Time. Online over Zoom. Title: Fair Division: A theoretical and a practical perspective Speaker: […]
- Colloquium: Targeted Ads, Data Openness, Digital Power: Reasons to be Cheerful25 April 2022, Monday. 3PM. London Time. Online over Zoom Title: Targeted Ads, Data Openness, Digital Power: Reasons to be Cheerful” […]
- Colloquium: The Complexity of Gradient Descent21 March 2022, Monday. 3PM. London Time. Online over Zoom Title: The Complexity of Gradient Descent Speaker: Rahul Savani, University of Liverpool […]
- Colloquium: Representing Knowledge and Thought: Insights from the Design of Radical Representational Systems21 February 2022, Monday. 3PM. London Time. Online over Zoom Title Representing Knowledge and Thought: Insights from the Design of […]