The state of the art AI technology has been playing significant role in medical fields. Recently, led by Prof Xiaohong Gao, Middlesex University is in partnership with several other institutions and NHS hospitals working on
- AI in early detection of cancers (funded by CRUK),
- AI in visualisation of HPV virus (funded by The Royal Society) and
- AI in Pathology (funded by CRUK).
More information on these funded projects are at:
- Endo.AI – Real time automated endoscopic detection of oesophageal squamous cell cancer in early and precancerous stages
- Deep Visualisation – Visualisation of super resolution microscopy data with structural contents using deep learning techniques
- PRISM – Machine Learning for Discovery of Pre-neoplastic signature in Mesothelioma